WELCOME BACK!!! WE’VE MISSED YOU!!
The Hickok Center is back up and running… with some slight changes.
This reopening will be a phased approach, limiting it to only 15 participants to initially return beginning on Monday, June 29th. We will continue to monitor and assess our situation and increase capacity as we are able and feel comfortable in doing so. We have decided to initially reach out to the participants we have not been able to connect with via our virtual day program and/or to those that do not require HCSS/CDPAP to attend. We will continue to offer (unless otherwise directed) our virtual day program along with our physical reopening.
All participants are being provided choice, letting them know it is ok if they wish not to return at this time and continue to offer virtual day program if they would like to participate that way. Those who choose not return will go to the bottom of our list and we will contact another participant to take that spot.
Below you will find 2 policies that participants will be asked to sign off on upon their return. If someone does not feel comfortable complying with these new guidelines they will be asked to remain home from SDP at this time.
Other things that we will be instituting at this time are as follows:
- All participants will need to have a face covering on when they are not able to maintain distancing (we will be posting signage etc. to show areas they are not able to sit in order to maintain distance). If they do not arrive with a face covering we will provide a mask to them.
- We will not be providing lunch at this time so we ask that participants bring their own lunch or they will have the option to order delivery. Therefore we would recommend letting staff or other support know to assist participants if needed, with preparing a lunch to bring with them
- Community outings will be on hold and/or limited at this time (we are anticipating to start outings to outdoor settings-parks etc. and will increase outings upon further considerations)
- Use of gym equipment is not permitted at this time due to NYS guidelines but we will allow for use once given the go ahead.
- Physical distancing measures will be visible throughout the building and certain areas will be prohibited to SDP participants until further notice.
We will be reviewing all new policies with participants upon their return as well and providing prompts/reminders as needed throughout the day.
Health and Safety Policy
Participant Health Screening Policy
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 271-8640.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR FULL STATEMENT.
HC Temporary Closure Statement
NEW GUIDELINES FOR VISITING THE CENTER AND CANCELLATIONS OF EVENTS!
COVID 19 Statement
OUR 11th ANNUAL BRAIN WAVES IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!
WHERE: Comdey @ Carlson
50 Carlson Rd
Rochester, NY 14610
WHEN: Sunday March 22, 2020 2pm-6pm
WHY: To Celebrate Brain Injury Awareness and Raise Money for the Hickok Center!
Bands- White Woods and Guiseppe Scungili and the Screamin Seagull Revue
Food and Beverages- Appetizers and Bar
Fun- Game Room, 50/50 Raffle, Basket Raffle, Prize Wheel, & More!
Keynote Speaker- Featuring Joy Leccese from the Gutsy Woman Coach in honor of her son Zach Valentine for a mindful discussion on their journey through and thriving after a traumatic brain injury.
Learn more about Traumatic Brain Injury, Rehabilitation, Music Therapy and more with our guests from:
-Brain Injury Association of NYS
-URMC Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
-Hochstein School of Music
-The Gutsy Woman Coach
TICKETS: $20 per person at the Door or for Pre-Sale contact Helen Wilkins email@example.com or 585-271-8640 ext. 202
***TICKETS on SALE***
***SPONSOR this event***
***DONATE to this event***
Please contact: Helen Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-271-8640. Tickets also available at the door. Reserve your seat above! We accept cash, check and all major credit cards
BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MORE INFORMATION!!
FOLLOW US ON:
FACEBOOK @Hickok Center TWITTER @Hickok_Center & INSTAGRAM hickokcenterbi
***Save The Date***
1 mile walk, 5k & 10k Race
Our race is a family friendly affair with educational booths and demonstrations, bounce house, food and games at beautiful Mendon Ponds!
Saturday, May 16th
Races and fun begin at 9am
Come early to register or go online www.itsmyrace.com
Also visit our Race page www.adp5k.com
***Save The Date***
Come Celebrate Brain Injury Awareness Month with Laughs, Live Music, Games, Drinks, Appetizers, Raffles and More!
Sunday, March 22, 2020 at Comedy@ The Carlson
A special THANK YOU to our Sponsors for our Comedy Night Fundraiser, The Comedy at the Carlson Presents Sky Sands and Todd Youngman.
Flaherty Salmin CPA’s have donated at The George Carlin level.
An anonymous donor has donated at The Rodney Dangerfield level.
We are so grateful for your donations and helping make this event possible!
If you are interested in donating at any level for this event please check out the link below or contact Helen Wilkins!